Senior Accounting Manager
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
Key management position responsible for all day-to-day activities of the sales and cost accounting function for the entire global organization. The main job objective of this role is to ensure accuracy of the gross margin and provide management insightful variance analysis versus budget/forecast. As a senior manager, this role will be managing approximately seven staff members, work with Sales, Business Planning, Production and Logistics for the wholesale and retail channels.
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function
- Develop and train Cost Accounting staff
- Daily activities include:
- Partner with Production on inventory costing/pricing for Wholesale,
- Work with Logistics for accuracy of inventory movements, controls and adjustments at the warehouse.
- Work with Retail team to set up cost/pricing
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure proper General Ledger coding to purchases and cost variances
- Manage month-end closing
- Adhere to the LVMH close calendars deadlines with regards to Sales (approx. D+3) and P&L (approx. D+9).
- Ensure accuracy of Sales, Returns, Discounts, Markdowns and Cost of Sales
- Provide analytics with regards to sales & gross margin against budget/latest forecast.
- Presenting a Gross Margin P&L to the Director of Accounting & CFO.
- Strategically be involved in ERP implementation of Microsoft Dyanamics AX
- Lead a Project Cost Team in the development of a standard costing system
- Manage the transition from the existing cost environment to a new standard cost system
- Development and maintenance of standard costs and BOMs
- Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities
- Implement effective cycle count procedures at 3PL warehouse
- Lead Annual Physical Inventory
- Review and approve all inventory adjustments
- Reconcile Warehouse Management System (3rd Party) and MJ ERP System
- Lead in annual external audit by providing supporting records and documentation
- Perform ad hoc requests as needed
- BS in Accounting
- 5-7 years or more of related experience in accounting/finance, concentrating on standard costing and inventory
- Familiarity with cost sheet variances, purchase accruals, journal entries, and general ledger analysis
- Solid verbal & written communication skills
- High proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Self-directed with a high orientation to teamwork
- Big 4 experience
- CPA preferred
- In-depth understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Microsoft Dynamics AX knowledge
- Experience using ERP software systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.