Finance Manager, Wholesale
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
The objective is to provide financial support for the Wholesale business from both a financial planning & analysis and controlling function. The Manager will play a key part:
- Developing and preparing monthly financial packages
- Analyzing monthly financial results
- Collaborating with the finance team and various cross functional business partners to develop the annual budget process, reforecasts, and strategic plan.
- Controlling the Full P&L, inclusive of Sales, Margin, Production Variances, and Expenses.
The manager will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Wholesale & Licensing FP&A, but working very closelywith several finance team members, including the VP of Finance and the CFO. The role enjoys high visibility to upper management; therefore the candidate must have excellent interpersonal, communication, andbusiness soft skills in addition to strong technical acumen.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Refine, analyze and integrate the financial statements P&L of Wholesale divisions.
- Be actively involved in the annual budgeting and forecasting (annual budget, reforecasts, & strategic plan) of Wholesale divisions.
- Develop and prepare monthly financial packages for business reviews highlighting sales, gross margin and expenses variances to Budgets, Forecast, & LY.
- Provide input on the P&L budget and forecast received from department heads and constantly identify financial risk and opportunities.
- Recommendations for improving business processes, including the development of KPIs.
- Create standardized reports that provide accurate and timely data to the business including up-to-date information regarding actual versus forecasted performance
- Analyze reporting processes and systems and proactively develop options for impacting financial result
- Provide consistent feedback and keep senior management updated through proactive monitoring of key issues.
- Coordinate regularly with all wholesale divisions to ensure proper representation of business activities and to make sure all internal reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance. MBA, a plu
- 5-8 years experience in Financial Planning & Analysis in corporate role.
- Experience in luxury goods/fashion industry leader preferred. Wholesale experience highly preferred.
- Strong P&L experience required. Inventory and margin analysis a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Power Point required.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and naturally inquisitive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment while managing multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.