Associate Product Development Manager, Knits
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
Responsible for Knits Raw Material Development for Marc By Marc Womens
- Creates/maintains fabric & trim chart:
- Ensures raw materials are ordered for all necessary samples/market samples.
- Advises factories of contact information for where they order materials.
- Sends out sample yardage to appropriate factories. Keeps factories informed & updated with deliveries & changes.
- Creates/updates/maintains seasonal composite sheets. Provides updated version at weekly team meetings.
- Works with Design from initial concept stage through final comments.
- Hands off to production all final approval samples, color card approvals & raw material approvals so production team has standards to follow.
- Organizes, maintains & signs off on all development invoices. Manager gives final approval.
- Works with Design to help source raw materials (fabric, leathers, hardware, trims, etc.)
- Sources & develops relationships with new vendors.
- Acts as factory liaison for all Product Development needs
- Review testing for sampling and bulk
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years experience in production and/or product development
- Overseas travel experience
- Strong working knowledge of specification measurement & manufacturing techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid organizational & communication skills
- Computer skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.