Director of Architecture, Technology and Delivery
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
The Director of Architecture, Delivery and Analytics will have the responsibility for the oversight, development, maintenance and support of all Business Intelligence systems for the organization. This position will oversee the analysis, design, development, configuration/implementation and support of all Enterprise Business Intelligence applications. This role will also have responsibility for the technical architecture across MJI IT Domains and the overall technical delivery into the MJI environment. This individual will work with Business Stakeholders across the organization to develop functional requirements, configure, implement, manage and support various Business Intelligence applications. This individual will also work with IT Domain leads developing a consistent architecture across platforms and will drive technology delivery standards and processes across platforms and domains.
- Act as the point of contact for the business group leaders requiring Business Intelligence
- Provide system solutions to address business requirements
- Manage design, development and implementation of customer and Third-party applications to address various BI and analytics processes as per Department standards.
- Implement and support the Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated BI tools.
- Implement and support data marts utilized across the environments.
- Develop and maintain strategic technology plan for BI systems.
- Develop and deliver consistent reporting across domains to functional business users
- Identify and prioritize with business leadership system enhancements and develop functional specifications to meet business requirements
- Identify, propose and apply new technologies to enhance existing analytic capabilities.
- Manage employee/s, and external consultants
- Manage a team to maintain and support all BI applications
- Develop, communicate and maintain an architectural and delivery strategy across IT domains.
- Build and deliver a data integration approach and process allowing systems to speak to each other across platforms and functions.
- Owns and manages all cross platform data transmissions and sets standards for integrations with Domain Leads
- Build and implement development standards and processes across IT domains.
- Partner with Domain leads to insure new systems or enhancements meet the internal MJI technical standards.
- Partner with Domain leads to insure development meets internal MJI technical standards and SDLC procedures.
- Adapt to changing work priorities and a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with people both internally and externally as it relates to the operations and business of this company.
Suggest, support and participate in the quality initiatives undertaken by this company. Suggest, support and influence programs within the department or company that refine systems and processes and improve overall performance.
Skills & Abilities
- Capable of communicating technical concepts to business people in non-technical terms
- Capable of communicating business concepts to technical people in technical terms
- Prior knowledge of BI and data analytics systems is required, Microstrategy preferred
- Prior knowledge of data integration techniques and systems is required
- Hands-on implementation experience of Enterprise applications is required
- Experience with Microsoft stack required
- Prior knowledge of Retail and Wholesale business processes Supply Chain, Customer Service, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, etc. is required
- Prior knowledge of designing, developing and supporting custom and third-party systems is essential
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience is essential
- Ability to manage employees and/or consultants is required
- High level of technical acumen is required
- High level of detail orientation
- Understands complex business relationships and global/divisional matrixed environments
- Ability to multi-task
- Propensity to work well with different functional groups
- Minimum 12 years of IT Experience is required
- Minimum 8 years of implementation of Enterprise class applications is required
- Prior experience supporting ERP, POS, Mobile, ecommerce, CRM, BI and/or other Enterprise applications is required
- Prior experience of supporting mission-critical applications is required
- Prior experience of providing 24 x 7 application support is preferred
- Prior experience of the Direct To Consumer Retail, Apparel and Luxury Goods industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field is required, Master’s Degree or additional experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.