Product Development Manager - Accessories
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
Manages the development process for an accessories product line from design concept through commercialization.
- Works with Design team to:
Interpret Designer sketches & have factory produce prototypes to market samples.
Make corrections to factory prototype based on aesthetic & production pre-costing.
- Works with Design & Production to develop design that’s production ready.
- Works with Material Teams to source materials appropriate for designed product.
- Works with production to allocate product to factories based on load & capability.
- Sources new factories if necessary.
- Creates & maintains time & action calendar.
- Creates technical specs through PDM.
- Works with Merchandising to develop exclusive product.
- Analyzes FOB costs and manages margin target with cross functional teams.
- Manages FG Performance testing for adopted skus for bulk production.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 – 8 years experience in product development, product design or production
- Extensive travel background required
- Strong working knowledge of specification measurement & manufacturing techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid organizational & communication skills
- Computer skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.