Human Resources Recruitment Internship
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
*Please note that this internship is unpaid and requires the receipt of school credit.
The Human Resources department is looking for an intern to assist with recruitment related duties. The intern will have the opportunity to shadow and learn about recruitment strategies, tools (ATS- Applicant tracking System ) and gain an overall understanding of how Recruitment functions with a fashion company.
Duties will include:
- Managing and screening unsolicited resumes
- Uploading resumes into our Applicant Tracking System (Smart Recruiters)
- Conducting reference checks
- Compiling pre-employment paperwork to deliver to HR team
- Help source resumes for entry level openings, utilizing ATS and well as other resources
- Help with basic preliminary phone screens
- Organize, candidate tracking information utilizing excel spreadsheets, per open headcount
- Shadow Director of Recruitment on interviews for entry level positions as well as other meetings.
Intern will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of Recruitment practices
- Understanding of ATS navigation (Smart Recruiters.com)
- Understanding of different roles within a fashion company
- Overall understanding of how Recruitment functions, particularly within a large fashion company
- Must be able to receive school credit for the internship
- Available 2-3 days per week
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and must be proactive
- Prior office or HR experience recommended, but not required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.