Merchandising Associate- RTW
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
Works with Director and Manager to bring successful categories to market in a timely & profitable manner.
- Maintain an understanding of the target customer profile through market data and competitive shopping analysis. Analyze sales and customer trends and make adjustments to maximize the business.
- Works with Merchant team to interpret and develop design concepts into successful retail product
- Works with Director on developing assortment plans.
- Quantifies the inventories of both RTW piece goods & finished goods. Partners with production team to ensure appropriate fabric, trims, quality, details and costs are achieved with an on time delivery
- Tracks product development to make sure it’s following line plan & production calendar
- Monitor shipping and deliveries
- Work w/ design to create product assortment. Must be able to suggest idea for garments, color, fit and fabric
- Ensure line is balanced by class and price point
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years merchandising experience in apparel development, Women contemporary market, competitive environment and pricing structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Very Strong Computer skills- Power Point, Excel
- Taste level is important.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.