Human Resources Internship
- New York, NY
The Human Resources department is looking for an intern for 2 days per week to assist with the day-to-day functioning of the department. The intern will have the opportunity to shadow and learn about many different areas of HR, including the new hire process, recruitment, personnel tracking and management, and employee relations.
Duties will include:
- managing and screening unsolicited resumes
- upload resumes into our applicant tracking datebase (Smart Recruiters)
- filing employee paperwork
- maintaining company organizational charts
- inputting and updating employee date in company database
- creating files for newly hired employees
- assist with I-9 auditing
- assist with invoice distribution
Intern will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- increased proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- understanding of how HR uses and recruiting system (Smart Recruiters.com)
- how to properly fill out new hire documents: I-9, W-4, etc.
- overall understanding of how a Human Resources department functions, particularly within a large fashion company
- Must be able to receive school credit for the internship
- Available 2 days per week
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Prior office or HR experience recommended, but not required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.