Director of Direct to Consumer
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International is a leading global luxury fashion brand that produces womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, accessories, fragrances, and cosmetics.
The Director of Direct to Consumer will have the responsibility for the oversight, development, maintenance and support of all systems which support consumer direct operations globally. This role is responsible for store systems, including Point of Sale and related applications, eCommerce systems, CRM, and other point solutions. This role directs implementations, maintenance, and customization of global point of sale solutions and other in store and eCommerce systems and providers. This role also provides technical and functional support in the areas of system administration, problem resolution, application support, process mapping, system testing, security access, and training. This role will also have responsibility for the technical architecture of all applications in the Direct to Consumer domains and the overall technical delivery into the MJI environment. This individual will work with Business Stakeholders across the organization to develop functional roadmap and tactical approach as well as working with IT management to develop the domain strategy.
- Act as the point of contact for the business group leaders requiring POS, eCommerce, CRM and other Direct to Consumer functionality
- Manage design, development and implementation of customer and Third-party applications to address various DtoC processes as per Department standards
- Implement and support POS, CRM and other DtoC tools.
- Develop and manage a 24x7 global support structure
- Develop and manage the functional business groups and governance programs
- Provide 24x7 escalation for issue resolution
- Develop and maintain strategic technology plan for DtoC systems
- Identify and prioritize system enhancements with business leadership and develop functional specifications to meet business requirements
- Work with regional leaders on support and system road mapping
- Ensure unified and accurate data processing globally in domain applications.
- Identify, propose and apply new technologies to enhance existing DtoC capabilities.
- Provide system solutions to address business requirements in DtoC domain
- Manage employees, and external consultants
- Manage budgets and expenditures
- Develop, communicate and maintain an architectural and delivery strategy within domain
- Partner with Domain leads to insure new systems or enhancements meet the internal MJI technical standards
- Partner with Domain leads to insure development meets internal MJI technical standards and SDLC procedures.
- Adapt to changing work priorities and a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with people both internally and externally as it relates to the operations and business of this company
Suggest, support and participate in the quality initiatives undertaken by this company. Suggest, support and influence programs within the department or company that refine systems and processes while improving overall performanc
Skills & Abilities
- Capable of communicating technical concepts to business people in non-technical terms
- Capable of communicating business concepts to technical people in technical terms
- Prior knowledge of Point of Sale and in store systems is required, major brand POS system required, AX preferred
- Prior knowledge of eCommerce systems and third party provider platforms is highly preferred
- Hands-on implementation experience of POS systems is required
- Experience with store networking and datacom required
- Prior knowledge of Retail business processes, Supply Chain, Customer Service, workforce management, and customer analytics required
- Prior experience in POS deployments required
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience is essential
- Ability to manage employees and/or consultants is required
- High level of technical acumen is required
- High level of detail orientation
- Understands complex business relationships and global/divisional matrixed environments
- Ability to multi-task
- Propensity to work well with different functional groups
- Minimum 12 years of IT Experience is required
- Minimum 8 years of implementation of Direct to Consumer and POS applications is required
- Prior experience supporting POS, Mobile, ecommerce, CRM, and other Enterprise applications is required
- Prior experience of supporting mission-critical applications is required
- Prior experience of providing 24 x 7 application support is required
- Prior experience of the Direct To Consumer Retail, Apparel and Luxury Goods industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field is required, Master’s Degree or additional experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.