Manager, Global Import Export Compliance
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International is a leading global luxury fashion brand that produces womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, accessories, fragrances, and cosmetics.
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
This Manager will drive processes within the compliance group in order to ensure successful daily supply chain operations. The position will be responsible for customs compliance & brokerage relationships, communication and collaboration with internal stakeholders, and the execution of shipments in order to meet the expectations of the business. This individual will, also, effectively manage assigned supply chain and compliance initiatives from program concept through to stable operation in order to ensure visibility, increase velocity, enhance operational execution and contain cost for Marc Jacobs International.
- Research and provide information about customs tariffs, including rates of duty and the methods of goods clearance
- Maintain expert knowledge of US and foreign customs regulations, harmonized tariff classifications, section notes, customs binding rulings, fish and wildlife regulations, and export regulations.
- Directly manage the relationships and ensure the cost effective performance of all international logistical services (brokers/forwarders/carriers/agencies and providers).
- Receive, prepare and process import documents
- Make bookings with shipping or airline companies for freight to be exported and arrange for the clearance of cargo (export declaration)
- Work with the various Customs and Border Protection Services and other government authorities on the correct clearance of goods through customs and quarantine.
- Maintain C-TPAT certification.
- Advise on tariff classifications, tariff concessions, appraisals and overseas trade inquiries.
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection, processing and dissemination of information related to the global movement of goods.
- Manage the execution of import shipping transactions.
- Initiate, manage and assist with improvements to business processes and infrastructure in order to improve the logistics function.
- Manage and assist in the execution of supply chain and logistics initiatives within the global organization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and functional groups within the organization. Follow-up with other departments to ensure delivery on commitment or project requirements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, service improvements, and productivity improvements.
- Work within the Logistics group to minimize any potential delays to shipments
- Manage and support assigned personnel. Appraise individual performance. Assure that all people receive proper training on the job.
- Support the Director and coordinate special projects, as needed
- Manage the development of staff in effectively completing their responsibilities.
- Ensure all employees are aware that they contribute to cost efficiency, quality service, and professionalism.
- Possess a solid knowledge of the day to day operations and be able to translate that into operational plans.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, etc.) as well as Marc Jacobs policies and procedures.
- Provides clear role responsibilities, accountabilities and metrics for team members. Performs timely career development reviews for each team member to be used as a basis for determining skill levels, value-added contributions and promotion-performance incentive awards.
Customs Brokerage License Preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in compliance roles. Minimum of 3 years of experience related to apparel, footwear, accessories and beauty products.
- Understanding of U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, including knowledge of Customs valuation and classification under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, C-TPAT, ISA, FTAs, ISF, etc..
- Experience with FTZ bonded and un-bonded warehousing operations is desirable but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.