GLOBAL COMPLIANCE DIRECTOR / COUNSEL
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International is a leading global luxury fashion brand that produces womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, accessories, fragrances, and cosmetics.
Seeking experienced ethics and compliance director / counsel to develop, integrate and oversee ethics and compliance programs to ensure the Company’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all countries in which the Company operates. Requires experience in managing compliance and addressing business issues in areas affecting the Company, including international trade and customs, anti-bribery/FCPA, consumer product safety, and monitoring existing state, federal and international regulations as well as legislative proposals that may affect the Company.
The position reports to the General Counsel. Must be a solution-oriented team player who is capable of working independently, but collaboratively, in a small department within a cross-functional / cross-cultural and international business environment. This is a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires a “hands on” approach without heavy dependence on outside counsel or resources.
- Manage the Company’s compliance program and address business queries in areas affecting the Company, including but not limited to international trade and customs, anti-bribery/FCPA, reporting hotlines, consumer product safety and privacy
- Develop, implement, and oversee programs to ensure that the Company is in full compliance with all laws and regulations applicable in all countries in which the Company operates
- Monitor existing state, federal and international regulations as well as legislative proposals that may create a compliance obligations of the Company
- Support and oversee remediation of assessment findings
- Perform compliance training and counseling in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- Assist the General Counsel in providing guidance and support for the Company’s activities
- Review existing policies and procedures, identify areas for continuous improvement, draft and update policies and procedures. Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and provide remediation advice.
- Implement sufficient controls and systems to identify issues or questionable activity
- Reporting on all compliance activities and progress
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience focused on compliance and ethics (including vendor management, vendor governance and/or audit experience)
- Comprehensive experience with ethics and compliance programs, including but not limited to anti-bribery/FCPA, international trade and customs, consumer product safety, and privacy
- Experience with integrating compliance programs into new organizations
- Leadership experience in compliance, audit or regulatory affairs
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills to influence the company’s ethics and compliance initiatives
- Unquestioned and demonstrated integrity and personal ethics. Requires excellent judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.