Associate Designer , Knitwear
- New York, NY
About Marc Jacobs International:
Marc Jacobs International is a premier luxury fashion company based in New York City. With over 200 free standing stores across the globe, Marc Jacobs International now includes Women’s and Men’s RTW and accessories under both the Marc Jacobs Collection and Marc by Marc Jacobs labels, a children’s line called Little Marc Jacobs, multiple award winning fragrances, the bookstore Bookmarc and most recently Marc Jacobs Beauty, which was launched in August of 2013. Spring 2014 marked Jacobs’ final collection for Louis Vuitton, as he directs his focus solely on his namesake label.
Working with the Designer, the Associate Designer helps to design, develop, & select materials, colors & patterns for specific product line, consistent with the Marc Jacobs sensibility. While maintaining responsibilities as a support to the Design department, and assisting the teams in whatever areas are necessary.
- Assists Sr. Designer in executing design concepts in line with the design calendar for the season
- Helps develop innovative designs to elevate the Marc Jacobs brand.
- Sketches visions & ideas for product line clearly & accurately.
- Researches & analyzes current trends.
- Researches materials & components.
- Sources and selects cut and sew fabric qualities.
- Submits fabric and yarn information to the development teams clearly, and communicates regularly with the team.
- Coordinates and assists the Sr. designer in all areas of the process
- Collaborates with Technical Design team on product specs.
- Organizes, maintains and keeps up-to-date fabric and yarn library
- Assists in collecting / assembling artwork and presentation boards. Ensures that all boards are done timely and meet the calendar deadlines
- Communicates daily (verbal & email) with the factories on product production. Conveys ideas, explanations & corrections.
- Possible as needed travel to factories.
- Assists Sr Designer prepare for design meetings and fittings by ensuring the proper supplies, boards and materials are ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion (Design, Merchandising, etc.)
- 3 – 5 years design experience.
- Excellent hand illustration & flat sketching skills.
- Great sense of style, color & fashion.
- Ability to identify emerging trends.
- Strong knowledge of design & product development process.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent Attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.