- Saint John, Canada
We are people passionate about innovative energy efficiency, providing a valuable, operationally-focused energy management solution to the market, and making a contribution to a healthier planet. We are driven to improve energy performance for our customers by monitoring and managing their energy spend through the automation of their daily building systems operational activities. We do this to save our customers money, reduce their carbon footprint and make the world a better place for future generations.
Shift Energy’s Energy Optimization System [EOS] automates the real time tuning of independent energy systems for large building complexes. The world’s leading building managers are using Internet-based Big Data and low cost IoT sensors to drive down energy operational costs.
Shift Energy is part of the Mariner Partners group of companies, known for investing in and building technology companies with themes of big data, software innovation, commitment to customer success and developing international growth markets. In addition to Shift Energy, Mariner Partners consists of Mariner xVu™, Mariner Innovations and East Valley Ventures:
- Mariner xVu™ is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video, streaming and broadband/Wi-Fi networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into subscriber experience – anywhere.
- East Valley, the start-up acceleration division of Mariner Partners, has made over 30 investments, with multiple exits, including Q1 Labs, Internet Security for Banking, sold to IBM; and Radian6, Marketing Cloud Analytics sold to SalesForce.com. The organization specializes in mentoring and providing support to entrepreneurs.
- Mariner Innovations is a leading provider of professional IT services, offering unique expertise in application development, information security, data management and support/maintenance services across communications, industrial, utility and the public sector
Founded in 2003, Mariner Partner’s head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team and our customers are located in major cities across Canada and in North and South America and Europe.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015’s list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!
Shift Energy is growing and we are looking for an Optimization Engineer/Technician to join us.
- Design and develop advanced control sequences for energy saving in large buildings including venues, hospitals etc.
- Implement EOS in buildings, including collecting technical documentation, determining building schedules, choosing appropriate energy saving strategies, configuring EOS’s optimization logic for a particular building and writing custom code as required
- Train building operators on the use of EOS. Communicate the changes that EOS will make to buildings to building operators and owners. Respond to customer complaints and concerns.
- Measure the energy savings from EOS implementations.
- Travel to EOS customer sites as required
- Mechanical or Electrical engineering diploma or degree
- Strong grades or demonstrated aptitude for computer programming, thermodynamics, controls, and electric circuits
- Building/Industrial controls familiarity – HVAC, Chillers, Ice Plants, etc.
- Knowledge & Experience with Java based programming (groovy scripting) considered an asset
- Customer service experience preferred
- Key characteristics: self-starter, customer focused, goal oriented, innovative, collaborative, analytical, problem-solver
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new products and technologies