Security Analyst - SOC (Bilingual - French and English)
- Saint John, NB, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
This is a future opportunity to help in our planned growth, we are recruiting for a Security Analyst to join our Mariner Managed Security Services practice, located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Manage the daily customer requests for changes to their security infrastructure.
- Prepare changes for security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, identity access management etc.
- Participate in new customer integration projects and services and prepare implementations.
- Reviews and interprets security alerts and provide diagnostics in the management of incidents to support clients.
- Depending on the nature of the security threat, assess and develop mitigation measures to ensure that appropriate treatment is applied, and ensure that customers are informed.
- Take proactive measures to manage all perimeter security equipment or associated components which may be interrupted or affected as a result of threats or vulnerabilities.
- Configure, install, manage and maintain security devices and provide general information and recommendations on security best practices.
- Develop documentation associated with maintenance releases and keep them updated.
- Observe security management best practices.
- Must be bilingual with excellent communication skills in both English and French (written and spoken).
- Completion of University or College program in Computer Science; or 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design.
- Experience with hands on coding in firewalls (preferred experience with Juniper or PaloAlto).
- Thorough knowledge of devices and network security infrastructure.
- Practical experience recognized in the implementation, daily management and troubleshooting firewalls from multiple vendors.
- Proven experience in the daily management and troubleshooting of intrusion detection and prevention systems (IPS).
- Experience in troubleshooting security solutions including authentication capabilities, authorization, and encryption as well as securing devices access.
- Experience translating complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components.
- Ability to work on multiple clients and multiple technologies.
- Be able to work under pressure (required during incidents).
- Good communication skills, writing and presentations.Self starter with excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on security certifications from major vendors.
- Experience working with the following security management consoles of Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco, Tufin, Fortinet, Mc Afee, Arcsight etc.
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics.
- Understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks.
- Knowledge of security information events management (SIEM)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered in Atlantic Canada and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Mariner Innovations has delivered projects and services to leading Canadian organizations in industries such as Oil & Gas, Telecom, Utilities, and Government.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!