- Fredericton, NB, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is actively recruiting for a Senior Developer to help develop our high growth telecommunications practice. The Senior Developer will be a key member of our IT professional services team and will specialize in Java development, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Oracle development tools such as OSB. In this role, you will responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best in breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Provides technical leadership in the analysis and design for system conversions and migrations.
- Develops and documents a detailed design from a top-level design specification.
- Working with system design specifications, develops detailed specifications for software programming applications or test case.
- Designs, codes, debugs, and documents programs.
- Conducts system level testing.
- Maintains and documents programs in accordance with standards.
- Involved in the maintenance and enhancement of existing operational application systems.
- Is involved with developing business knowledge and customer relationships where appropriate.
- Responsible for technical documentation with an increasing focus on functional documentation.
- Schedules and estimates development tasks.
- Performs code review of other developer’s components.
- Assists in developing code prototypes to demonstrate proposed solutions.
- Mentors junior and intermediate developers.
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development, Java, SOA.
- Experience with Oracle technologies (WebLogic Server, WebLogic Portal, OSB, databases) and development tools.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere technologies and development tools.
- Capabilities in the following technologies: Java, .NET, ClearCase, GitLab, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy, IBM BPM, Maven, UML, Web Services.
- System integration experience.
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems.
- Proven written, oral and, listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Exposure to testing automation.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions and recommendations.
- Experience working on/prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Team orientated focus with a proven capability to provide knowledge sharing and mentorship in a multi-vendor environment.
- Business analysis (BA) and business process management (BPM) experience.
- Exposure to Agile software development lifecycle methodology (RUP preferred).
- Knowledge in application security.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!