Senior Developer (SAP ABAP)
- Moncton, NB, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a Senior Developer (SAP ABAP) for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities to support our clients. The Senior Developer will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Develop the detailed analysis and detailed design for system conversions and migrations.
- Work with system design specifications and develop detailed specifications for software programming applications or test case.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Involved in the maintenance and enhancement of existing operational application systems.
- Mentor and coach developer team members and help them to understand broader objectives.
- May participate in the definition of architecture for large projects under the guidance of the architect or systems analyst.
- Good knowledge of QA process and methods; develop and document test specifications.
- Assist with capacity planning, architecture definition and advice on infrastructure.
- Identify issues and risks.
- Provide updates to Project Managers.
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent work experience.
- ABAP experience in the following areas: Plant Maintenance, Finance, Process Orchestration, and Customer Service.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development.
- Experience with SAP ABAP.
- Development using SAP development workbench, including function builder & data dictionary
- Use of SAP Object Oriented Development techniques
- Performance tuning ABAP code and use of best practices
- Capabilities in Java, C, C++, Python
- Proven written, oral and, listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions and recommendations.
- Experience working on/prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Team orientated focus with a proven capability to provide knowledge sharing and mentorship in a multi-vendor environment.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!