Senior Technical Architect
- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are recruiting for a Senior Technical Architect for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities to support our clients. The Senior Technical Architect will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Lead and coordinate design, development (including code reviews), testing and deployment activities, working closely with multiple vendors.
- Determine technical feasibility and perform analysis and evaluation of proposed solutions.
- Improve business and software operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes.
- Review vendor assessments.
- Perform capacity planning and coordinate performance testing accordingly.
- Oversee and assist the vendors and project teams in all test phases (system testing, functional testing etc.)
- Participate in deployment strategy development with the Deployment primes.
- Build executive presentations and communicate release changes (technical) to the support teams.
- Occasional assistance to the production support teams to resolve production issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software / Computer Engineering or similar.
- Understanding of software architecture patterns and practices
- General understanding of network concepts (OSI model, basic network principles, etc.)
- General understanding of hardware / hosting platforms
- General understanding of IT standards and frameworks (ITIL, ETOM, Zachman, TOGAF etc.)
- Experience with the follow technologies:
- Java/J2EE Application servers (Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- OS (Unix/AIX/Solaris/Linux – mandatory, Windows – asset)
- Java enterprise application frameworks
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Dynatrace, DCRUM, AppMon, Compuware
- Visio, Enterprise Architect or similar
- XML, XSD, SOAP, XSLT, XQuery
- SOA and Web Services, REST API design, development and testing experience
- AngularJS, React, Redux or nodeJS – asset
- Development experience in Java, C# /.NET, C, C++
- Database experience - Oracle PL/SQL, SQL (mandatory), Microsoft SQL Server an asset
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent ability to articulate ideas and influence vendors at design
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies, languages, frameworks and tools
- Creativity and ingenuity
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!