- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Looking to make a move? Advance your career and take advantage of all the perks that come with living in Atlantic Canada, like reasonable real estate prices and a comforting lifestyle.
Mariner Innovations is seeking multiple Enterprise/Data Architects to help develop our public sector business. You will lead local and remote teams through customer engagements, delivery, and business development. The Senior Architect will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team working on technically complex projects. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Provide GAP Analysis and strategy for process and data migration.
- Creating methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Azure; ideally with experience in Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks, and Azure Data Factory.
- Understand building and leveraging data/schema models.
- Evaluating internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements.
- Understand information management systems and data as a service platform.
- Experience creating ETL/ELT data projects.
- Understand how to secure and manage data in a secure environment.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Provide the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the process.
- Presenting regular progress reports and setting goals.
- Updating software solutions as required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with SAP Software.
- Understanding of common Enterprise Architecture Patterns.
- Familiar with standard diagramming techniques (UML, TOGAF, or similar)
- Utilities industry experience is considered an asset
- Project experience that includes Customer Portals, ERP solutions, Enterprise Data Warehouses, GIS Web Services, and/or Microsoft Azure is considered an asset
- Familiar with diagramming software (Visio, Lucid chart, or similar)
- Using Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Create and implement a business vision and multi-year plan.
- Experience with building data pipelines using next generation tools. (Talend, Boomi, Alteryx, etc.)
- Worked or created hybrid deployments across a heterogeneous environments.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!