- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner is actively recruiting for a Data Engineer/Wrangler to be a key leader in our IT Professional Services teams. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with the delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Migrating / transforming data into Graph DB
- Migrating / transforming data into Relational SQL Database
- Creating Data Pipelines and ETL jobs in using tools such as Apache Spark / Kafka / Python
- Creating automated DevOps/Data pipelines
- 5+ years experience as a Data Engineer/Data Wrangler or similar role
- Post secondary education preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS MySQL or PostgreSQL, Apache Spark/ETL, SQL Scripts
- Experience with Database Backup and recovery, replication, clustering
- Experience with Python / Jupyter Notebooks / Anaconda / R preferred.
- Experience with DevOps / Docker / Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms preferred.
- Experience with Web APIs preferred.
- Specific experience as a client facing consultant preferred.
- Experience within the Telecommunications Industry is considered an asset.
- Proven written, oral and, listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions and recommendations.
- Experience working on/prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Team orientated focus with a proven capability to provide knowledge sharing and mentorship in a multi-vendor environment.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!