- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Looking to make a move? Advance your career and take advantage of all the perks that come with living in Atlantic Canada, like reasonable real estate prices and a comforting lifestyle.
Mariner Innovations are seeking multiple Software/BI Architects to help develop our public sector business. You will lead local and remote teams through customer engagements, delivery, and business development. The Senior Architect will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team working on technically complex projects. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Familiar with client-side/server-side web application delivery patterns (Layered, Microservices)
- Experience in software development.
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Understand building and leveraging data/schema models.
- Understand processing and using spatial data.
- Experience delivering reports and dashboards.
- Understanding of SQL and/or NoSQL persistent storage.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Azure
- Understand secure development and using secured data patterns to process PII data.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Providing the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the process.
- Presenting regular progress reports and setting goals.
- Updating software solutions as required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Prior web app development experience.
- Prior experience with SAP Software
- Utilities industry experience is considered an asset
- Project experience that includes Customer Portals, ERP solutions, Enterprise Data Warehouses, GIS Web Services, and/or Microsoft Azure is considered an asset
- Familiar with Java and at least one scripting language like Python.
- Understand Agile development methodology.
- Building solutions in a containerized methodology. (i.e., Docker)
- Understanding of Creational, Structural, Behavioral Software Patterns.
- Familiar with standard diagramming techniques (UML, TOGAF, or similar)
- Familiar with diagramming software (Visio, Lucid chart, or similar)
- Using Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!