Senior Technical Advisor/Project Manager
- Saint John, NB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT, Software Professionals and Management Consultants working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security, change management and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for Senior Technical Advisor/Project Manager for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities for our clients in Nova Scotia. The Senior Technical Advisor/Project Manager will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee the implementation of client-based projects and deliverables.
- Collaborate with our delivery and sales teams to deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Set project expectations and ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead initiatives involving a significant level of technology transformation and organizational change.
- Analyze, problem solve, and research project elements as required.
- Lead and coordinate project activities from initiation to close out (i.e. scope, schedule, resource and cost management).
- Experience leading strategic IT projects, bringing both technical leadership and project management discipline.
- 5+ years in IT Project Management.
- 5+ years best knowledge in IT best practice, with the following disciplines considered an asset:
o Security Monitoring
o Disaster Recovery
o Multi-factor authentication
o Remote workforce enablement
- Strong project team leadership and facilitation skills and experience leading a technical team to stay on scope, schedule, while providing quality technical solutions
- Large project experience dealing with multiple vendors and stakeholders.
- Experience in specific project execution activities, including issue/risk management, change control, implementation, and transition.
- Experience with Worker’s Compensation would be an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a group with minimal supervision.
- PMP Certification considered an asset.
- Other activities as required.
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation, benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015’s list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
Join our growing team!