- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT, Software Professionals and Management Consultants delivering business transformation, technology and delivery support services to our clients. Mariner has one of the deepest pools of IT, Change Management, IT advisory, management consulting and technical expertise in Atlantic Canada. We are an Atlantic Canadian based organization, with offices in Saint John, Fredericton and Halifax. With over 95% of our team located in Atlantic Canada, we innovate locally and export globally.
Mariner Innovations is seeking a Systems Integrator to join us as a key leader in our IT Professional Services teams. In this role, you will be supporting a Telecommunications client in their Mobility Billing department with associated projects.
The Systems Integrator candidate must possess strong interpersonal, analytical and technical skills to meet the demands of a rigorous release delivery schedule. The ideal candidate is capable of reviewing solutions, providing impact analysis of individual projects to the overall NM1 release, and produce key deliverables that contribute to a successful delivery of a release. This individual is expected to be hands on when required and have the aptitude to pick up any technical issues quickly and have the leadership to analyse and provide recommendations on solutions.
- Analysis of IP/Broadband and Mobility Projects that will be included in a NM1 release and the impact to the NM1 platform.
- Planning and Allocation of test environments, and coordination of interfacing systems.
- Providing second tier environment support to internal and external test teams.
- Delivering System Integration Test Plan.
- Delivering System Impact Documents.
- Creating Firewall Requests.
- Review and provide input to Network Requirements Document.
- Provide Project Interdependency Assessment.
- Manage connectivity testing with external teams.
- Participate in NM1 deployment planning effort with Amdocs and other vendors.
- Coordinate deployment schedules with interfacing systems.
- Facilitate troubleshooting of connectivity and configuration issues between NM1 and direct interfaces.
- Plan, manage and track performance testing for online and NM1 batch jobs.
- Manage technical upgrades (Oracle, Java, etc.) on the NM1 platform – plan, coordinate with interfacing teams, review test plans and deployment plans with Amdocs.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years working within the IT Industry.
- Working Knowledge of the following: Oracle, SQL, Java, C++, XML, Unix.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of a distributed system.
- Development and/or testing experience.
- Practical experience in deployment planning and execution.
- Strong ability to analyze, research and comment on solution proposed vendors.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with key partners.
- Hands on experience with development methodology.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor and or multi product environment.
- Ability to gain technical alignment and technical integration between products/vendors.
- Ability to produce documentation that covers areas of change and interdependency between impacted projects /applications.
- Ability to provide application knowledge, insight into best practices and perform QA for deliverables during the assessment, analysis, and design phases.
- General knowledge of billing, NM1 or Ensemble billing platform.
- Telecommunications experience is preferred (including telephony and mobility).
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015’s list, up from #62 in 2014. We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!