- 5001 Newport Coast Drive, Irvine, CA, United States
A ministry of Mariners Church, Mariners Church Preschool is designed to meet the needs of the whole child by creating environments and experiences where a love for God is fostered and a Christ-Centered self-image for children is encouraged. Mariners Church Preschool provides children with a solid foundation of Christ’s love while cultivating their eagerness to learn. Weekly chapel time and daily child-focused biblical activities, our interactive environments will provide developmental opportunities for consistent spiritual growth in children.
The Infant/Toddler teacher provides a Christ-centered, biblically based environment for children birth through 24 months, where all children receive a high-quality early childhood education while learning the Good News of Jesus Christ. Under general administrative supervision, provides a caring, responsive environment in a team setting, by meeting the individual needs of each infant and family while taking the approved curriculum goals, standards, learning objectives and learning experiences that will contribute to their development. The position is a permanent full-time job working 40 hours per week at the Irvine campus.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides a Christ-centered, warm and accepting environment for the Infants and Toddlers of MCP
- Maintain daily records of Infant/Toddler
- Create, implement and evaluate an engaging, age-appropriate emergent curriculum for children
- Responsible for planning, organizing and carrying out a developmentally appropriate program in both the indoor and outdoor classroom setting
- Communicates effectively with parents regarding their children, the classroom, school and church events through a variety of verbal and written methods. Parent/Teacher conferences are conducted bi-annually
- Conducts ongoing assessment of children using the DRDP-15 and maintains individual portfolios for each child
- Participates in MCP staff development days and regular staff meetings. Completes 21 hours of approved Professional Development per year
- Maintain the school's professional status by displaying spiritual, positive, professional behavior, and understand and follow policies and procedures
- Participates in activities that promote community within the school and church throughout the year
Qualifications and Requirements
- Clear Live Scan and Criminal Background
- 24 units of Early Childhood Education/Child Development minimum, AA or BA preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Record of immunizations: current TB test clearance, MMR, DTaP, annual influenza
- Hours may vary as needed; center open from 7am-6pm
Additionally, all Church Staff Members:
- Love Jesus and call themselves Christians.
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Agree to and adhere to the church's statement of faith and leadership commitment.
- Attend Mariners Church