Senior Data Scientist (Full Time, Permanent)
- Palo Alto, CA
Come join the #1 Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area! With a whopping 4,700% revenue growth and 23 billion monthly page views, it is no wonder why we are ranked among the Top 40 Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies. We offer the most innovative sharing platform and tools for today's social audience.
Do you love coming up with new ways to tell stories with huge amounts of data? Here we have billions of ever changing data points for you to play with daily. If you love to research and come up with new and useful ways that will invigorate an explosively fast growing business, then look no further. This is the place for you!
You’ll get the chance to create, develop, and test ideas/hypotheses for new insights and products from the sharing activity of our millions of users. We welcome innovative thinking about online advertising, data insights, social media, and human behavior that leads to epiphanies for our clients.
- Devise and test hypotheses by exploring various billions of data points and sources
- Develop strategies to leverage data in optimizing ad campaigns using algorithms and automation
- Explore new insights and products to demonstrate the value of ShareThis unique data sets
- Collaborate with other departments to develop data insights to clients and agencies
- Work with the Technology and Product Management to bring analysis to products
- +3 years experience developing predictive models and optimization for huge datasets
- Expertise in data mining, machine learning, statistics, social network analysis or graph analysis
- Ability to code in Python, Perl or Java to work with large data sets
- Knowledge of R, Weka, Mahout or SAS helpful for modeling
- Familiarity with Hadoop (HDFS/Hive/Pig/Hbase) or other MapReduce paradigms is a plus
PhD or equivalent in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Econometrics, or Engineering
For more details you can call me @ 408 789 7077 or email email@example.com