Paid Summer Intern – Post-Trade Team - London
- 5 Aldermanbury, Barbican, London EC2V 7HR, UK
- Location: London
- Experience Level: Internship
MarketAxess, an S&P 500 Company, operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,500 institutional investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets and high-yield bonds, European bonds, U.S. agency bonds, municipal bonds, credit default swaps and other fixed-income securities. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products. Trax is the trading name of Xtrakter Ltd., a MarketAxess group company.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Amsterdam, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, São Paulo, Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
- Would you enjoy the opportunity to work for a company that is changing the world of institutional fixed income trading, post-trade and data?
- A company who has committed to the Women’s Empowerment Principles as part of our commitment to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community? MarketAxess is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and have a fulfilling career.
- Do you want to be part of a small organisation allowing you to have regular interactions with senior management? Somewhere where you are not just a number?
If your answer to all of the above is “yes” then we invite you to explore our internship programme opportunity on our Post- – Trade team
What does Post-Trade Mean?
Post-Trade refers to all of the processes that take place after a trade has been executed and includes all the activities that enable trade confirmation and regulatory reporting. These activities allow clients to fulfil their regulatory obligations as well as enabling the safe transfer of ownership of securities from the buyer to the seller and vice versa.
Our MarketAxess Post-Trade business (formerly known as Trax) is a leading provider of, trade matching and regulatory reporting services to the global Fixed Income market. Significant regulatory change is creating massive challenges for buy- and sell-side market participants. We're supporting the industry with the most advanced trade confirmation, regulatory reporting and transparency tools. Our comprehensive market and reference data is also supporting front-office teams for liquidity assessment, and risk teams for compliance monitoring. MarketAxess Post-Trade has more than 30 years of experience in regulatory reporting and trade matching, first as Trax and now as MarketAxess, covering multiple regulations across multiple jurisdictions. Our solutions, from matching and reconciliation to MiFID II and SFTR, are used today by over 1,000 of the world's leading banks and asset managers.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week internship programme. As a 2021 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development, including classroom training to get you quickly up to speed on the Financial Markets generally, and the Credit Markets in particular.
You will participate in different projects working on real problems. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager and having a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new skills and grow your professional network, as well as providing an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time paid internship to begin on 7th June and conclude on 6th August 2021.
What type of work can you expect to do?
The –Post-Trade program will be a rotational programme within the MarketAxess Post- –Trade team. The rotation will be between our Product and Relationship Management teams. In each rotation you will learn the main functions of the groups and how the business is supported through each team.
At the end of each rotation, you will have acquired a good understanding of the MarketAxess Post-Trade systems. You will understand the criticality of the Post- – Trade teams’ daily responsibilities. You will experience first-hand the importance of maintaining work accuracy and quality.
Following each rotation, you will be given the opportunity to offer suggestions for any operational or efficiency improvements you have identified, with a focus on automation opportunities.
Where you are now;
- You will be a penultimate year student (graduating in 2022)
- You should be on track for a 2:1 or better (or equivalent)
- You will have the Right to Work in UK
- Competence in any additional European languages will be welcomed
What you’ll get in return;
- A great benefits package (pro-rated)
- ·An opportunity to build your knowledge of how the Financial Markets work and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City of London, with everything you could want at your doorstep
- ·The chance to join our 2022 graduate programme if you perform well over the summer
What are we looking for?
Although we are aware that Fintech may be an area you are only exploring now, to succeed in Post-Trade we think the following skills work;
- Attention to detail
- A passion for solving problems
- Relationship builder
- Ability to present and be confident in front of clients and colleagues
- Fire in the belly to succeed in your tasks
- You will be someone who sharpens their tools rather than shows them off!
- Know your way around Excel and be highly numerate
Closing date for applications is 11th December 2020.