Trading System Engineer - Java + Modern Tech
- 55 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001, USA
- Location: 55 Hudson Yards
MarketAxess is a FinTech company and component of the S&P 500. We are a leading provider of global fixed income trading platforms, data, and post-trade solutions.
The fixed-income markets represent an enormous global marketplace, where only a fraction of average daily trade volume occurs electronically. Believe it or not, most fixed-income trades are still executed via phone or blotter, providing us with a significant opportunity for disruption and future growth.
We believe this market is ripe for disruption and have created a proprietary electronic platform that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions to the world’s largest capital market. Since 2015, MarketAxess has grown from roughly 300 employees to approximately 700 with offices across seven countries and annual revenue has more than doubled. We’re excited about the growth opportunities ahead and have built a fast-paced, collaborative, environment where all employees are empowered to make a material impact. We hope you’ll come join us!
As a Trading System Engineer, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn advanced trading markets, enabling you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by directly working with the business unit and learning new and innovative technologies. Above all, you will be challenged within your domain and responsibilities from day 1 and will be sought after for creative and new ways to approach problems (both technical and business related).
What You'll Do
- Design and enhance the Leading Global Fixed Income e-trading platform for institutional investors
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Innovate and transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Use and gain expertise across industry standard technologies including: Java, AWS, Kafka, Oracle, React, Redis Spring Boot and others
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Develop and design APIs in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture
What You Bring to the Table
- 2+ years of enterprise software development using Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and exposure to multi-threading programming
- Experience with a combination of the following technologies:
- Streaming technologies such as Kafka/Redis etc.
- Microservices using Spring/Spring Boot (or, ideally, hands-on experience migrating a monolithic application to containerized microservices)
- Cloud services specific to AWS
- HTML5 and React
- Track record for delivering successful solutions to your clients
What’s In It For You?
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Hybrid Environment: Flexibility matters! Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Employer Provided Food: Free lunch is delivered for all employees when in the office. Offices are always stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Paid time off: competitive PTO package including vacation days, sick leave, charity leave and parental leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Health Insurance: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
- Wellness Stipend: Up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: Convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: We want to empower your continued growth and development. On-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences are available to all employees.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.