Barista - Hotel Starbucks
- Warrensville Heights, OH
Whether you are looking for a part time job for extra money or while you are in school; or you are looking to make a career out of hospitality, this is the place for you! Apply to find out more about the great benefits of working at Cleveland Marriott East!
The award-winning Cleveland Marriott East in Warrensville Heights, Ohio is a luxury hotel with 295 rooms and 14,000 square feet of event space. Cleveland Marriott East, managed by Winegardner & Hammons is clearly recognized as one of the most successful full-service, independent hotel management companies in the nation.
- Opens coffee bar ensuring area is clean and organized. Checks stock, notes any items out of supply, and sets up coffee bar. At the end of the shift ensures all items are properly secured.
- Mixes and serves coffee beverages, and food items. Collects money for all items served.
- Records all sales using appropriate cash register, and follows all cash handling procedures. Maintains cash bank, guest checks, and processes guest payment according to established procedures. Closes checks, balances and completes closing paperwork at end of shift.
- Continuously checks on the needs of guests, bussing area, and taking beverage orders. Responds in a proactive manner to any guest concerns to ensure satisfaction.
- Is knowledgeable of all types of coffee beverages (mixing ingredients) and menu items sold.
- Practices “clean as you go” method, and sanitation standards. Always cleans empty glasses and dishes from the tables immediately.
- Reports all tips received on a daily basis and records them on a tip declaration sheet.
- Completes side work duties, including, cleaning tables, stocking coffee bar ensuring par levels are being maintained, brings china and glassware to dish station, and assists in maintaining cleanliness of the coffee bar and great room areas.
- Able to carry trays and move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control procedures.
- Provides the highest quality of service to guests at all times and practices each item on the WHI pledge card.
- Wears proper uniform and nametag at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the WHI handbook
- Performs all other duties deemed necessary by management.
Previous Starbucks experience preferred for this new opening of a Starbucks in the Marriott Cleveland East. Positions expected to begin in the beginning of May.
Starting time as early as 5:30 AM
Full time and Part time associates of Cleveland Marriott East receive Marriott brand hotel travel discounts, vacation time after completing one year of service and 401K benefits after completing 500 hours of service. All full time associates are also offered sick time after one year of service and paid holidays after 90 days.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.