Dental Front Desk Receptionist 002
- Washington, DC
Mary's Center is a federally qualified health center that served over 17,000 men, women and childern in 2010. We provide comprehensive health, dental, social, and education services to underserved, underinsured, and uninsured individuals in the D.C. metropolitan region. Our mission is to build better futures through the offering of these services. We embrace culturally diverse communites and provide them with the highest quality of care, regardless of ability to pay.
A Front Desk Receptionist plays a crucial role at Mary’s Center by providing the first-line of customer service for the clinic and the entire organization.
- Greet & welcome patients, visitors, and other s to Mary’s Center.
- Provide outstanding customer service to our patients and the public.
- Follow HIPPA confidentiality guidelines.
- Check patients in to the practice management system.
- Assure efficient operations in the registration and billing processes.
- Answer phone calls, provide appropriate assistance, and redirect calls appropriately.
- Work as a liaison between the clients and the medical/service providers.
- Follow established policies and guidelines for processing patients to be seen by medical providers..
- Verify Insurance eligibility
- Verify patient demographic information (e.g., address, phone number) at every visit
- Assist with patient education projects according to patient/department needs
- Collect and track data necessary for patient follow-up and reporting
- Assist with daily stocking and cleaning of work area
- Contact patients per order of supervisor
- Works and supports entire clinical team to established outcomes in coordination with overall organizational goals
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
Education and/or Experience – Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred. Previous experience as a receptionist in a medical office setting desired with X-ray certification.
Physical Demands – Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment – Mostly in a typical front office setting with quite to moderate noise level.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.