- Washington, DC
Mary's Center is a federally qualified health center that served over 31,000 men, women and children in 2012. We provide comprehensive health, dental, social, and education services to underserved, underinsured, and uninsured individuals in the D.C. metropolitan region. Our mission is to build better futures through the offering of these services. We embrace culturally diverse communities and provide them with the highest quality of care, regardless of ability to pay.
To assist and support the Pediatrics & Adults Department in providing quality healthcare services to Mary’s Center’s patients by linking patients to medically indicated referrals and providing administrative and clinical support to the nursing/medical staff for the Clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsabilities:
- Accountability for the investigation, tracking, and timely response to patient referrals with appropriate administrative and departmental communication.
- Maintain accurate referral records and enter referral information in a database for tracking purposes.
- Answers the referral telephone line and voice mail system in a timely and courteous manner
- Assist with the filing of completed referrals into medical records
- Communication and education of patients and families to assure referral appointment compliance
- Assist clinical staff designee in tracking scheduled no show patients and keeping current database
- Assist with patient education projects according to patient/department needs
- Assist clinic manager and other medical assistants with managing supplies and equipment
- Discharge and education of patients per order of the medical/nursing staff
- Contact patients per instruction by medical providers.
- Maintains a neat and organized computer/work environment
Clinic Admistrative and Coordination
- Provide translation services in English and Spanish for the entire staff in the Clinic as needed
- Assist Clinic employees on use of telephones, voicemail, fax machines, copiers, and electronic time cards
- Maintain an inventory of supplies for fax machines, copiers, and printers for the Clinic, working in coordination with Mary’s Center’s Office Manager
- Ensure that telephones, voicemail, fax machines, and copiers in the Clinic are in operating order and serve as the primary contact person for maintenance issues in the Clinic
- Coordinate the maintenance of equipment of the assigned clinic with supervisor.
- Performs other duties as determined necessary by the Pediatrics Nurse Manager and Director of Clinical Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a minimum of High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and one (1) year of experience working as an administrative and/or medical assistant. One (1) year of experience in direct patient care and/or medical assistant certificate preferred. Experience working in Pediatrics preferable. Must be proficient in PC usage and bilingual in English and Spanish. A thorough understanding and working knowledge of patient confidentiality issues and HIPAA compliance/regulations is essential.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understandting to carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
Physical Demands - Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to thirty (30) pounds.
Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment - Mostly in a typical office setting with quiet to moderate noise level.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.