MasonWest is currently searching for a Director of Operations for a 20 branch mortgage operation in Northern NJ. The Director will have compete oversight of the entire residential mortgage operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enhance the profitability through effective management and negotiation of secondary market channels.
2. Establish department performance goals that effectively correlate to the long-term goals and objectives; monitor results against plan. Identify and resolve impediments to the achievement of goals.
3. In conjunction with the Division Head, establish and execute the strategic operating plan for the division. Identify the current and future human capital needs required to execute on the established plan. Direct the implementation of the strategy across departments with focus on budget and timelines.
4. Through department leaders, establish operational processes and evaluate opportunities for process improvement needed to execute on the established strategic plan.
5. Establish and monitor performance reporting systems. Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and effective coordination of effort is in place to achieve results.
6. In conjunction with the Division Head and in partnership with the Director of Sales to ensure adherence to all established internal processes and procedures and that all aspects of the business are conducted in compliance with applicable regulations governing the mortgage industry.
7. Ensure quality and customer service are established and maintained as department priorities as it pertains to customer acquisition and timely delivery of services.
8. Build and maintain a high performance culture through effective employee development and timely performance management. Provide ongoing coaching and leadership to achieve desired results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Working knowledge of the mortgage lending and underwriting process including identification of exposure and risk factors.
· Working knowledge of banking regulations including Regulation Z, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and mortgage vehicles such as Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, VA/FHA mortgages.
· Demonstrated leadership ability with proven success in building and managing teams.
· Demonstrated strategic and tactical planning skills.
· Computer user proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Laser Pro, E-mail (Microsoft Outlook preferred) and Internet.
· High-level communication skills: written – verbal – listening.