- London, ON, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
Location : LondonON
Status : PERMANENT / FT
Duties: Some of the duties include
- Maintain and monitor backup of servers in accordance with company standards.
- Complete server maintenance and patching during maintenance window to ensure functionality and security.
- Design and suggest solutions for back-end systems
- Ensure mass shared storage is divided and allocated correctly amongst file services, departments and servers.
- Manage VMware and blade server environment, which includes allocating resources as needed across virtual servers and ensure virtual environment hardware is updated and maintained
- Manage and maintain internal call recording systems and respond to and resolve user issues.
- Maintain scheduling/adherence software and database and perform updates and hot fixes provided by the vendor.
- Assist Network and Telephony Engineers in troubleshooting issues.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel, Own transportation. (Some after hours work may be required)
Education & Experience
- 2 or 3 year College Diploma in Computer Systems Technology or equivalent combined education and work experience
- VMware certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in IT technical position
- Must have experience with Linux based server environment
- Email and collaboration system experience required
- Active Directory experience required
- Networking knowledge required
- Experience with virtualization software / hardware required
- Database fundamentals exposure is an asset
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.