- London, ON, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
Location : LondonON
Status : PERMANENT / FT
Duties: Some of the duties include
- Maintain and monitor data network systems and data centre hardware in accordance with company standards.
- Review data network, servers traffic usage, traffic flow and requirements, identifying trends in traffic flow and level of service.
- Propose design enhancements to the data network, servers and data centre hardware.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on relevant standards, regulations, protocols, and costs related to data network, servers and data centre hardware.
- Perform in depth reviews and analysis of the status of the data network, servers, systems and data centre hardware to verify the expected results.
- Complete network device and related network server maintenance and patching during maintenance window to ensure functionality and security.
- Design and suggest solutions for back-end systems that are an important part of keeping business running.
- Manage VMware and blade server environment, which includes allocating resources as needed across virtual servers and ensure virtual environment hardware is updated and maintained as updates are offered by vendors.
- Manage and maintain internal call recording systems and respond to and resolve user issues.
- Assist Systems and Telephony Engineers in troubleshooting issues.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel, Own transportation. (Some after hours work may be required)
Education & Experience
- 2 or 3 year College Diploma in Computer Systems Technology or equivalent combined education and work experience.
- Cisco Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in IT technical position
- Email and collaboration system experience required
- Networking knowledge required
- Experience with virtualization software/hardware required
- Active Directory experience is an asset
- Database fundamentals exposure is an asset
View all of our job listings and find your perfect fit today at http://www.matrixstaffingsolution.com/careers.html
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.