Designing & Drafting Technologist
- Cambridge ON, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00/Yr
Experience: 3 to 5 years
You will be responsible to develop engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and specifications, and prepare technical reports, construction specifications, cost and material estimates and contracts.
Working as part of a team you will be required to:
- Use computer-aided design and drafting applications, engineering design software and other equipment to prepare engineering drawings, flow diagrams and schematics, layouts, specifications and detailed drawings
- Estimate project materials and costs
- Administer contracts, prepare and interpret specifications, write reports
- Supervise the work of technicians
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be precise and accurate
- Ability to communicate design ideas orally and in writing
- Aptitude for mathematics and physics
- Problem solving skills
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.