RFP / Proposal Writer
- Brampton, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
The RFP Writer will play an active role in responding to RFPs, developing and customizing written proposals, and developing and customizing PowerPoint presentations.
Core Job Duties
- Research, author and edit responses to specific questions contained within RFP’s. Often this will require a strong ability to work autonomously in order to complete a specific question.
- Partner with team to create accurate, persuasive, and cogent responsive documents.
- Serve as the responsible leader in facilitating responses from the RFP response team assembled for each project
- Possess a high level of responsibility, drive, and self-motivation to meet very specific RFP response deadlines as set forth by clients.
- Identify and research non-standard requests - develop responses as needed.
- Be responsible for maintaining the RFP proposal database.
- Keep the proposal database current, on-message, well-written and accurate. Act as liaison regularly with subject matter experts, IT, to revise and improve answers in the proposal database.
- Further develop, update, and create useful supporting documentation for responding to RFPs and proposals.
- With input from management, review and update proposal templates and accompanying standard presentations.
- On proposals, provide primary writing or editing support, crafting benefits-driven proposals that are accurate, detailed, persuasive, and responsive to client needs.
- Help author and / or refine custom PowerPoint slides for meetings.
- BA in English, Marketing, or similar field
- 4+ years’ experience preferably in proposal writing, editing, or marketing role
- Ability to work in a project-based team environment with continuous cooperation and interaction with various team members on a daily basis
- Technology savvy and highly organized; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe In Design.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, research, compile, and analyze data; deliver results under pressure, make decisions, write persuasively, and technically; present to diverse audiences; creatively solve problems; negotiate win-win conflict resolutions.
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.