- Toronto, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Undertake tasks in a safe and responsible manner, adhering to health and safety requirements at all times
- Completing welding tasks as and when required within a reasonable timescale
- Ensuring that all welding procedure documentation is completed in its entirety for each individual job, including Job cards & Time sheets
- To ensure correct welding procedures are adhered to
- Following good housekeeping practices to ensure your working area is kept clean and tidy
- Working to develop the welding facility to improve working efficiency
- Supporting your colleagues in driving the performance of the business
- Undertaking other duties from time to time, on site and at customer location
- Must have at least 2 to 3 years experience
- Ability to work in both light and heavy engineering and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and supporting documentation
- Good knowledge of Welding processes MIG, TIG and ARC
- Experience of welding a range of materials: Steel, Alloys, Stainless Steels & Aluminium
- Good understanding of basic fitting and boiler making skills
- Proven experience in all basic welding disciplines including (MIG/TIG/ARC)
- Technical experience relevant to the business i.e. Maintenance, repair and rectification
- Experience working in a similar environment
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.