Administrative Office Assistant
- Mississauga, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
Perform various clerical duties to support the department. Duties may include filing, retrieving records or files, responding to telephone calls and other inquiries, data entry, maintaining logs and other records, copying, faxing, and distribution of mail or other materials.
- Respond to telephone calls, give information to callers and route calls to appropriate staff
- Process, handle and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence to include mail and faxes Prepare outgoing mail and packages with proper addresses and postage
- Sort and file departmental records in accordance with established procedures
- Perform data entry to update automated systems with accurate information
- Maintain and organize forms, supplies and other materials needed for the department
- Perform office support functions and provide backup to other positions as required
- Participate in staff meetings
- Provide other administrative support to the department as needed to include assistance with special projects
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of clerical experience
- Possess a working knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Strong data entry, computer, and software skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment to include copiers, fax machines, and other methods of electronic communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and external customers
- Dependable transportation, valid automobile insurance and a valid driver’s license may be required to perform errands outside of the office
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.