- Guelph, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
Perform maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant, equipment, machinery, & tools in good operating condition. This position is a multi-craft maintenance position with a heavy focus on the Mechanical skill set. This position requires working in a hands-on industrial environment (including working in high heat or cold temperatures). This role carries a wide range of duties from mechanical to electrical on a small to large scale depending on need. The ideal candidate will be result-driven and work safely. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modify and maintain electrical systems, circuits and various other types of mechanical/electrical and related equipment. Strong industrial electrical skills are a plus.
- Welding (stick), torch cutting and fabricating
- Gear box rebuild experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience
- Have own hand tools
- PLC/CNC troubleshooting experience
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Maintain and repair steel cutting band saws
- Plumbing repairs
- Installation of industrial equipment
- Ability to align motors and couplings
- High School or Equivalent
- Technical or Trade School Degree or Certification
- Stick Welding Certification a plus
- 3 years minimum experience in Industrial Maintenance in an Industrial or Heavy Manufacturing environment
- Must be flexible to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift and available to work weekends if needed
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and/have your OSHA 10 HR Certification
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.