Senior IOS Developer
- Cairo, Egypt
Mavericks embraces and leverages innovative teaching methods and technology to develop the unique potential of its students in a community that values high scholarship, a global perspective, social responsibility, and the freedom to pursue one’s passions.
We envision millions of leaders who are equipped with 21st century skills and are capable of solving the world's toughest problems.
To fulfill this vision, we chose a mission to make world class education available and accessible to everyone, everywhere, without any barriers.
Our core purpose is to provide equitable access for anyone to receive the best education possible and strive for fulfillment, prosperity and socioeconomic mobility.
Mavericks Learning Technologies:
At Mavericks, we are building our unique in-house products to deliver exceptional learning experience to students, teachers, parents, academic team and management. Mavericks is a TECHNOLOGY enabled school, where technology is a core brick in the learning model.
At Mavericks we are changing how people learn, building a SMART data driven schools, providing tools to:
1. Students: to learn, interact, communicate and drive their own learning paths
2. Teachers: to manage, guide, monitor the learning experience to students
3. Academic team: to manage, monitor and gain insights on the learning activities
4. Parents: to monitor track and communicate through a common connected platform
At Mavericks Technologies we have complex problems to be solved, we are using latest technologies to hit the ground and boost our delivery, mobile, web, business intelligence, data science and Machine Learning, we are seeking innovative and creative members to join our team, every day we have a new challenge, end less possibility to learn and grow, at Mavericks we have NO limits!
Objectives and Key Results:
- Achieve Milestones, tasks and deliverables on planned time
- Finish tasks tangible, be it a rough prototype, new feature, module, specification or production ready item
- Get something from one stage in development to another, eg from research to prototype, from those to first beta, then to final version, closing testing, then shipping etc
- Have simple and efficient tasks and minimize complexity and length of time needed to learn the system
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Design, build, test, and deploy iOS applications working throughout the entire life cycle of the app from idea to delivery
· Work closely with other mobile app developers to ensure conformity among all team members and all platforms
· Work closely with web developers to coordinate and ensure efficiency of communication between web servers and apps
· Gather and understand requirements, and translate them into efficient solutions
· Build early prototypes for testing ideas
· Develop highly functional user interfaces
· Standardize all code and platforms to achieve high code re-usability rates
· Optimize app performance
· Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies, and improve apps accordingly
· Effectively explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Document and rigorously testing all work
· Deliver results within tight schedules
· Proficient with Objective-C or Swift , and Cocoa Touch
· Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
· Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
· Experience with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
· Deploying apps process on App Store
· Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
· Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
· Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
· Experience with performance and memory tuning
· Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
· Knack for bench marking and optimization
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git or SVN
· Familiarity with continuous integration
Contract: A full-time contract following the laws and regulations of the Egyptian government. First three months will be a probation period. Contract is one year long and automatically renews unless otherwise decided by the employer.
We Expect You to:
- Understand, embrace and implement Mavericks model, concepts and values
- Learn actively, seek continuous development and to always you’re your professional boundaries
- Be open for new concepts and ideas, embrace change and provide constructive feedback
- Listen to everyone, no matter how silly their ideas are, and to communicate your ideas well
- Know how to align learning activities with respective learning theories, and to be aware of the importance of the learning process
- Always look for the best practices, which are backed up by thorough research, and to seek them as your benchmarks.
- Develop original Ideas when best practices are unavailable or in existent, and to base your ideas on empirical evidence
- Use technology as a resource to empower your students' learning and your own professional development
An ideal candidate would:
• Have 3-5 years of IOS development experience
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with annual inflation increase; subject to increase according to annual performance evaluation against the indicated objectives
- Paid Vacation Days–21 days
- Social Insurance
- Medical Insurance
Start Date: Immediate hiring
N.B. It's mandatory to attach your CV/Resume with application to be considered.