- Cairo, Egypt
Mavericks embraces and leverages innovative teaching methods and technology to develop the unique potential of its students in a community that values high scholarship, a global perspective, social responsibility, and the freedom to pursue one’s passions.
We envision millions of leaders who are equipped with 21st century skills and are capable of solving the world's toughest problems.
To fulfill this vision, we chose a mission to make world class education available and accessible to everyone, everywhere, without any barriers.
Our core purpose is to provide equitable access for anyone to receive the best education possible and strive for fulfillment, prosperity and socioeconomic mobility.
Mavericks Learning Technologies:
At Mavericks, we are building our unique in-house products to deliver exceptional learning experience to students, teachers, parents, academic team and management. Mavericks is a TECHNOLOGY enabled school, where technology is a core brick in the learning model.
At Mavericks we are changing how people learn, building a SMART data driven schools, providing tools to:
1. Students: to learn, interact, communicate and drive their own learning paths
2. Teachers: to manage, guide, monitor the learning experience to students
3. Academic team: to manage, monitor and gain insights on the learning activities
4. Parents: to monitor track and communicate through a common connected platform
At Mavericks Technologies we have complex problems to be solved, we are using latest technologies to hit the ground and boost our delivery, mobile, web, business intelligence, data science and Machine Learning, we are seeking innovative and creative members to join our team, every day we have a new challenge, end less possibility to learn and grow, at Mavericks we have NO limits!
Objectives and Key Results:
- Achieve Milestones, tasks and deliverables on planned time
- Finish tasks tangible, be it a rough prototype, new feature, module, specification or production ready item
- Get something from one stage in development to another, eg from research to prototype, from those to first beta, then to final version, closing testing, then shipping etc
- Have simple and efficient tasks and minimize complexity and length of time needed to learn the system
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Design, build, test, and deploy data applications working throughout the entire lifecycle of the app from idea to delivery
· Support data needs across our growing company.
· Define how we work with data and influence decision making throughout Blend with your insightful analysis and reporting.
· Work closely with other architects and backend developers to ensure conformity among all team members and all platforms
· Gather and understand requirements, and translate them into efficient solutions
· Build early prototypes for testing ideas
· Standardize all code and platforms to achieve high code reusability rates
· Optimize app performance
· Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in data analysis & data science, and improve apps accordingly
· Effectively explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Document and rigorously testing all work
· Experience working with SQL, BI and Data Visualization tools
· Experience working with R & Python
· Experience with Python Data Science libraries like (NumPy, Pandas)
· Interest or experience in Machine Learning concepts and libraries (scikit-learn, PyML)
· Understanding of fundamental probability and statistical concepts, such as hypothesis testing, maximum likelihood, and basic regression.
· Ability to write clean code
Contract: A full-time contract following the laws and regulations of the Egyptian government. First three months will be a probation period. Contract is one year long and automatically renews unless otherwise decided by the employer.
We Expect You to:
- Understand, embrace and implement Mavericks model, concepts and values
- Learn actively, seek continuous development and to always you’re your professional boundaries
- Be open for new concepts and ideas, embrace change and provide constructive feedback
- Listen to everyone, no matter how silly their ideas are, and to communicate your ideas well
- Know how to align learning activities with respective learning theories, and to be aware of the importance of the learning process
- Always look for the best practices, which are backed up by thorough research, and to seek them as your benchmarks.
- Develop original Ideas when best practices are unavailable or inexistent, and to base your ideas on empirical evidence
- Use technology as a resource to empower your students' learning and your own professional development
An ideal candidate would:
• Have 2+ years of data analysis experience
• Have basic concepts of data science
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with annual inflation increase; subject to increase according to annual performance evaluation against the indicated objective
- Paid Vacation Days–21 days
- Social Insurance
- Medical Insurance
Start Date: Immediate hiring
N.B. It's mandatory to attach your CV/Resume with application to be considered.