Software Quality Engineer
- Cairo, Egypt
Mavericks embraces and leverages innovative teaching methods and technology to develop the unique potential of its students in a community that values high scholarship, a global perspective, social responsibility, and the freedom to pursue one’s passions.
We envision millions of leaders who are equipped with 21st century skills and are capable of solving the world's toughest problems.
To fulfill this vision, we chose a mission to make world class education available and accessible to everyone, everywhere, without any barriers.
Our core purpose is to provide equitable access for anyone to receive the best education possible and strive for fulfillment, prosperity and socioeconomic mobility.
Mavericks Learning Technologies:
At Mavericks, we are building our unique in-house products to deliver exceptional learning experience to students, teachers, parents, academic team and management. Mavericks is a TECHNOLOGY enabled school, where technology is a core brick in the learning model.
At Mavericks we are changing how people learn, building a SMART data driven schools, providing tools to:
1. Students: to learn, interact, communicate and drive their own learning paths
2. Teachers: to manage, guide, monitor the learning experience to students
3. Academic team: to manage, monitor and gain insights on the learning activities
4. Parents: to monitor track and communicate through a common connected platform
At Mavericks Technologies we have complex problems to be solved, we are using latest technologies to hit the ground and boost our delivery, mobile, web, business intelligence, data science and Machine Learning, we are seeking innovative and creative members to join our team, every day we have a new challenge, end less possibility to learn and grow, at Mavericks we have NO limits!
Objectives and Key Results:
- Find defects which may get created by the programmer while developing the software.
- Gain confidence in and provide information about the level of quality.
- Prevent defects.
- Make sure that the end result meets the business and user requirements.
- Ensure that it satisfies the BRS that is Business Requirement Specification and SRS that is System Requirement Specifications.
- Gain the confidence of the customers by providing them a quality product.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Design and develop test cases for software tools and websites to verify product functionality according to user’s requirements.
• Write a clear and concise bug reports and scenarios to ensure clear communication with the software developer.
• Check program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and ensure operation efficiency.
• Approve updates and development of the software tools and websites in order to ensure product efficiency.
• Maintain and manage manual and automated scripts and test databases.
• Ability to write complex SQL queries for retrieval of required data.
• Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/or automated).
• Test web services and APIs.
• Support the team with testing tasks as required.
Contract: A full-time contract following the laws and regulations of the Egyptian government. First three months will be a probation period. Contract is one year long and automatically renews unless otherwise decided by the employer.
We Expect You to:
- Understand, embrace and implement Mavericks model, concepts and values
- Learn actively, seek continuous development and to always you’re your professional boundaries
- Be open for new concepts and ideas, embrace change and provide constructive feedback
- Listen to everyone, no matter how silly their ideas are, and to communicate your ideas well
- Know how to align learning activities with respective learning theories, and to be aware of the importance of the learning process
- Always look for the best practices, which are backed up by thorough research, and to seek them as your benchmarks.
- Develop original Ideas when best practices are unavailable or inexistent, and to base your ideas on empirical evidence
- Use technology as a resource to empower your students' learning and your own professional development
An ideal candidate would:
• Have 3+ years of quality control & testing experience
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with annual inflation increase; subject to increase according to annual performance evaluation against the indicated objective
- Paid Vacation Days–21 days
- Social Insurance
- Medical Insurance
Start Date: Immediate hiring
N.B. It's mandatory to attach your CV/Resume with application to be considered.