Master Teacher – K-4
- Cairo, Egypt
Mavericks embraces and leverages innovative teaching methods and technology to develop the unique potential of its students in a community that values high scholarship, a global perspective, social responsibility, and the freedom to pursue one’s passions.
We envision millions of leaders who are equipped with 21st century skills and are capable of solving the world's toughest problems.
To fulfill this vision, we chose a mission to make world class education available and accessible to everyone, everywhere, without any barriers.
Our core purpose is to provide equitable access for anyone to receive the best education possible and strive for fulfillment, prosperity and socioeconomic mobility.
Objectives and Key Results:
- Empower the absolute majority of class students to achieve competence and proven mastery in their learning outcomes
- Enable holistic child development through implementing learning activities that nurture mental, social, psychological and physical development
- Create a living example of Mavericks' culture and core values within the classroom
- Build an engaging learning environment for students and parents, both in and out of class
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Directing the learning environment through building the students' Personalized Learning Plans (PLPs), which includes analyzing students’ portfolios and data sets, designing the learning experience, selecting the learning activities and deciding how they will be executed
- Communicating and discussing progress with Principal and parents
- Guiding the FoL throughout the students’ learning process
- Providing guidance and professional development for the FoL
- Reports to: School Leader (solid line) – Principal (dotted line)
Contract: A full-time contract following the laws and regulations of the Egyptian government. First three months will be a probation period. Contract is one year long and automatically renews unless otherwise decided by the employer.
We Expect You to:
- Understand, embrace and implement Mavericks model, concepts and values
- Learn actively, seek continuous development and to always you’re your professional boundaries
- Be open for new concepts and ideas, embrace change and provide constructive feedback
- Provide a learning environment that taps into students' intrinsic motivation, and in which students get to do most of the work independently and actively
- Engage your students' senses through hands-on activities, and to take into consideration how children think and behave
- Listen to everyone, no matter how silly their ideas are, and to communicate your ideas well
- Know how to align learning activities with respective learning theories, and to be aware of the importance of the learning process
- Display confidence and take initiative, and to always seek creating a good team
- Always look for the best practices, which are backed up by thorough research, and to seek them as your benchmarks.
- Develop original Ideas when best practices are unavailable or inexistent, and to base your ideas on empirical evidence
- Use technology as a resource to empower your students' learning and your own professional development
An ideal candidate would:
• Have 6 years + of teaching experience for elementary/primary school students
• Have a multicultural experience and background
• Have excellent command of English (for Arabic teachers, MT needs to be a native speaker)
• Have taught in blended learning environments for at least a year and/or have experience in using technology effectively in the classroom
• Have an MA in education, preferably in primary education teaching and pedagogy and/or teaching certification
• A strong communicator who is able to persuade others with her own ideas and listen empathically others
• A balanced person who seeks own and other's development of the mind, body and soul
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary with annual inflation increase; subject to increase according to annual performance evaluation against the indicated objectives
- Professional Development: a blended learning professional development program – at least 12 days a year
- Paid Vacation Days – 21 days
- Social Insurance
- Medical Insurance
Start Date: August, 2017
Kindly note that any application without CV will not be considered
Please let us know if you have any inquiries or questions.