HQS Inspector - Savannah, GA - Part Time - 5 to 10 Inspections Per Day
- Savannah, GA
McCright is the Nation’s Leader in Public Housing Authority Support
McCright & Associates is the trusted partner of choice for public housing authorities who demand product and service excellence. After conducting more than 1,000,000 inspections across the nation, McCright understands the unique needs of the housing industry. Based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, McCright & Associates is an American company, proudly operating as a woman- and veteran-owned enterprise.
We Live Where You Live
McCright operates satellite offices and employs local management in the numerous markets we serve. We are dedicated to providing Section 3 opportunities and to hiring and extensively training local staff. Agencies partner with McCright to engage a company that consistently gives back through community service and involvement.
McCright services include:
- HQS Inspection Services
- Remote Recertification Services
- SEMAP Reviews
- Rent Reasonableness Studies
- Rent Determination and Negotiation
- UPCS Inspections
- PHA Policy Consulting
- HCV Program Management Services
HQS Inspector Description
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Inspections Manager, the position of the HQS Inspector will be responsible for conducting HQS inspections following the guidelines of HUD's Housing Quality Standards and the contracted Housing Authority’s administrative plan. All inspectors are required to complete the provided classroom, online, and field training and must pass the final HQS certification exam.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting all types of inspections: Initial Inspections, Annual Inspections, Re-Inspections, Complaint Inspections, Abatement Inspections.
- Collect and transmit data using the hand held device.
- Pull schedule and inspection information for upcoming work shift.
- Complete and submit required documents to corporate office.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Moderate to excellent computer ability.
- Current drivers license. Must be available to drive during all working hours.
- Have dependable transportation and maintain adequate automobile liability insurance on vehicle used to perform job.
- Knowledge of the general operations and procedures of a Public Housing Agency (PHA) and of local, state, and federal regulations governing subsidized housing programs.
- Proven proficiency of modern equipment including cell phones, fax machines, scanners, computers, palm or other hand held devices, GPS, and printers.
- Prepare and present ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form.
- Establish, maintain, and promote effective working relationships with departmental employees, co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors, and landlords/tenants; display ability to effectively communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work productively in a variety of working conditions and environments.
- Required to participate in McCright's HQS Training Program and pass the final certification exam.
Moderate work: Must be able to walk 3-5 miles per day, climb stairs, bend and stoop, observation in all levels of lighting.
Minimum Education, Training, and/or Experience
- Graduation from high school or completion of GED.
- Completion of Inspector Training Classes, achievement of lead based paint visual assessment course, successful completion of HQS certification exam. All training programs are provided by McCright.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which constitutes the required knowledge and abilities, determined by McCright.
Compensation: Up to $20 per hour