Customer Service Representative - Chattanooga, TN - Part-Time
- Chattanooga, TN
McCright is the Nation’s Leader in Public Housing Authority Support
McCright & Associates is the trusted partner of choice for public housing authorities who demand product and service excellence. After conducting more than 1,000,000 inspections across the nation and providing a bilingual customer service center, McCright understands the unique needs of the housing industry. Based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, McCright & Associates is an American company, proudly operating as a woman- and veteran-owned enterprise.
We Live Where You Live
McCright operates satellite offices and employs local management in the numerous markets we serve. We are dedicated to providing Section 3 opportunities and to hiring and extensively training local staff. Agencies partner with McCright to engage a company that consistently gives back through community service and involvement.
McCright services include:
- HQS Inspection Services
- Remote Recertification Services
- SEMAP Reviews
- Rent Reasonableness Studies
- Rent Determination and Negotiation
- UPCS Inspections
- PHA Policy Consulting
- HCV Program Management Services
Under the direct supervision of the Call Center Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor, the Call Center Representative is responsible for delivering quality customer service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- Operate phone and computer systems.
- Serve as liaison between inspectors and clients.
- Provide customer service for incoming telephone calls, emails, and letters by responding or routing in a timely, efficient, and appropriate manner.
- Communicate with inspectors and inspection managers to resolve questions from clients and inspection issues.
- Handle email requests from customers including reinspection approvals, customer questions, etc.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments.
Ensure that the client's policies and procedures, as well as HUD requirements and guidelines are being observed in the day-to-day operations.
Effectively communicate with McCright co-workers, the client's staff members, and supervisors regarding project status, client issues, and work assignments via personal conversation, fax, email, and phone.
Exercise discretion in all matters regarding the general business operations of McCright & Associates, LLC.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the general operations and procedures of a Public Housing Agency (PHA) as well as local, state, and federal laws governing subsidized housing programs.
- Proven proficiency of modern office equipment including multi-line phone, computer, printer, fax, scanner, and copier.
- Prepare and present ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form.
- Accurate typing skills with minimum typing speed of 40wpm.
- Ability to establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with departmental employees, co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors, and landlords/tenants.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work productively in a variety of working conditions and environments.
- Part-time work hours will be assigned based on the specific staffing needs required to meet the service level for clients.
- Part-time shifts will occur during regular call center operating hours, currently between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Shift assignments for all positions are subject to change based on client needs.
- Must be able to read various documents and operate office equipment. (75-100%)
- Must have acute hearing ability. (75-100%)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods. (0-24%)
- Must be able to access storage racks. (0-24%)
- Must be able to move file boxes and storage boxes. (0-24%)
- Must have ability to perform repetitive hand motions. (75-100%)
Moderate work: Exerting minimal force occasionally to move objects less than 25 lbs.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- 1-3 years of work experience in customer service preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which in the sole determination of McCright & Associates constitutes the required knowledge and abilities.