- Binghamton, NY
Founded in 1946, McFarland Johnson is a multi-disciplined engineering firm whose continuing success is driven by two simple concepts:
- - Focus on Clients
- - Focus on Employees
The Result - Today, McFarland Johnson (MJ) is a recognized leader in infrastructure planning, design & construction management, serving the daily needs of communities throughout the United States.
MJ focuses its creativity by serving the transportation, buildings, environmental & land development markets. Because MJ is a fully employee-owned company, clients can be reassured by the fact that a committed owner will be working at every level of their project.
Our focus on clients means collaborating with them to simplify a complex world to achieve the goals of the project. Our focus on employees means creating a preferred and rewarding environment that provides our employee-owners the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our Binghamton, NY office is growing with diverse projects in public, private and commercial buildings types. A focus on sustainable design practices and promotion of innovative techniques are prime factors in our success. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with 5-7 years of experience in project delivery for electrical building design.
Candidates for this position will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to work with a team of engineers, designers and technicians;
- Passion for sustainable and green design and a dedication to the promotion of innovative technologies;
- Capacity to perform all technical work, review work, engineer larger/complex projects, select systems and equipment, and to oversee standards and production;
- Good management skills to maintain schedules and budgets on all group assignments;
- Ability to maintain overall teamwork quality;
- Willingness and capacity to assist with business development activities.
- Ability to perform client presentations, interface with clients and assist in developing a business base with new clients.
5 - 7 years experience should include lighting, power distribution, grounding, fire alarm, security systems, telecommunication, and control/signal systems for institutional, commercial healthcare, private industrial and governmental facilities. Candidates should be self-starters able to make an immediate contribution to the team.
Other qualifications include:
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering;
- Professional Engineer Registration preferred, or eligibility to obtain;
- LEED(tm) Accredited Professional preferred;
- Certified Energy Manager or Commissioning Agent preferred;
- Ability to supervise CADD Technicians and Jr. level designers/engineers;
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and equipment, and have a working knowledge of NEC, NFPA and Life Safety Codes;
- Ability to use AutoCAD and AutoCAD design software;
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills required
McFarland Johnson offers a comprehensive benefit package, including a 100% employee owned ESOP.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.