Assistant Grain Trader
- 407 Rue McGill, Montréal, QC H2Y 2G3, Canada
Grain St-Laurent is a young company that innovatives in the grain marketing process. With expertise in local and North American markets, its goal is to offer new tools and a personalized approach to informing customers and enhancing the value of the products they trade. Our work culture can be described as energetic, dynamic and collaborative. We work in a high performance team environment, leveraging our values of professionalism, commitment and entrepreneurship.
As a Junior Grain Trader, you'll work in close proximity with our team of senior traders and will be responsible for new and existing client relationships in the sector of grain and cereal products.
- Organise the transport and storage of products (Wheat Midds, Corn dry distiller grain (DDG), Soybean meal, etc.);
- Identify and coordinate follow-ups;
- Contact existing and potential clients with a passion for customer service;
- Find solutions to conflicts with transporters, producers and users as they arise;
- Expand your market knowledge and share relevant information with the trading team;
- Negotiate purchase and sale agreements with customers and ensure the proper execution of contracts;
- Perform other duties as required.
Your ultimate goal will be to create and maintain a strong and profitable customer base, while finding yourself in a team environment. This is a position offering a significant opportunity for advancement.
- Excellent communication skills (English/French written and spoken);
- Business knowledge and negociation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge;
- Coputer skills;
- A thirst for learning and personal growth.
- Post-secondary degree in business or related field;
- At least one year of professional experience- preferably in sales;
Furthermore, Grain St-Laurent offers:
- A competitive salary;
- Private outdoor group training 1-2 times a week;
- Public transportation coverage up to 80% (Opus, Tram, etc.);
- Virtual Cloud Desktop;
- A comprehensive benefits package (dental, health, life, disability, travel, group RRSP with employer contributions, etc.);
- Beautiful open offices in the heart of Old Montreal;
- A unique culture including office activities, cocktail hour, and much more!