Lumber Trader (Quebec)
- 3350 Rue de la Pérade, Québec, QC G1X 2L7, Canada
We are looking for a committed and entrepreneurial lumber trader with a great desire to grow a business with few restrictions and substantial financial and industry expertise support.
- Establish a solid business base buying and selling core products;
- Cold calling and developing/strengthening long-term vendor and customer relationships;
- Develop and grow key vendor and industry relationships to ensure a supply of a quality product;
- Develop new product sources from Western Canada and the USA;
- Trade on own account domestic or international as opportunities arise.
- Ability to build strong softwood and/or hardwood mill relations;
- A strong knowledge of hardwood and/or softwood lumber, panel or specialty products, coupled with demonstrated successful experience selling these products;
- Relevant business contacts with the ability to build a strong and profitable book of business quickly;
- Strong phone sales skills with an aggressive approach;
- Good business acumen, team approach, professionalism, strong business ethics, creativity and persistence;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with contacts at all levels;
- Ability to travel.