- 407 Rue McGill, Montréal, QC H2Y 2G3, Canada
Our Energy trading division CWP Energy is looking for a professional, entrepreneurial and committed Analyst!
Energy Trading back office Analyst will be responsible for daily settlement of energy trades and will be the main liaison between the front office and the group’s accounting team. In this role you will be verifying, confirming, settling and reporting the Company’s physical and financial trades in the internal systems. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team, be challenged to problem-solve, multi-task and demonstrate flexibility working in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Daily, weekly and monthly settlement of physical and financial trading activities (Accounts Payable/Receivable);
- Complete month-end financial close process, including detailed review of profit and loss statement and reconciliation of discrepancies;
- Assist in producing the financial statements of the Energy trading company;
- Interact with counterparties to resolve invoice reconciliation discrepancies proactively and timely;
- Assure accuracy and integrity of activity recorded in SAP (general ledger) and daily monitoring of KPI including profit and loss variances;
- Assuring optimization of the financial exposure, particularly referring to collateral, margining and cash deposits and overseeing collateral process;
- Assist with generation of invoicing statements and cash forecasting, communicating progress with involved internal groups including the accounting team;
- Work within accounting team on responsibilities during busy times with cross training, ad-hoc reporting, audit inquiries, grants, and process improvements;
- Complete market compliance requirements (quarterly/annual/ad-hoc) and develop an understanding of the market structure and build relationships with internal and external counterparties, traders, position managers, operations and other areas;
- Maintain internal systems to ensure they properly reflect Market’s fees structure, including variance analysis of market fees; Understand contract details, fees, rates, and payment schedules for all market ISOs;
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements around settlement and accounting processes working with Business Analyst ;
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with trading standards and other compliance requirements and monitor trader compliance to those standards;
- Support the development and improvements of IT systems to capture and manage trading activity;
- Support administrative tasks of ISO membership documentation requests;
- Handle procurements of energy services 3rd party software and services;
- Work within accounting team on responsibilities during busy times with cross training, ad-hoc reporting, audit inquiries, grants, and process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 3+ years of experience in Accounting;
- 2+ years Commodity Settlement experience preferred;
- Proficient in advanced MS Excel functions, general data manipulation, and working knowledge of an accounting software, ideally SAP Business One
- Good working knowledge of trading and derivatives contracts, particularly referring to administrative management and regulatory compliance;
- Understanding of the US power wholesale market and of the financial market dynamics is an asset;
- Demonstrate programming skills, ideally with experience in SQL Queries, VBA and Python;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good attitude for process optimization.
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits (group insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, etc.);
- RRSP program with employer contribution;
- A unique culture and much more!