- 255 Queens Ave, London, ON N6A 5R8, Canada
Grain St Laurent is a Montreal-headquartered grain trading business with satellite offices in Ontario, British Columbia and Pennsylvania. We have been active throughout North America since 2012 and are a division on McGill St Laurent, a diversified commodity trading firm. We trade physical grains across livestock, biofuel and human consumption markets, including organics and specialty crops.
We are currently seeking an experienced grain trader who will contribute their industry insight and proven commodity trading skills to help us aggressively expand our business. The position requires a team-player who is proactive, results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Trading physical grain commodities across North America;
- Proactively developing new trading opportunities and supply sources;
- Monitoring market trends to capitalize on trading opportunities;
- Working with other traders on deals;
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and clients while ensuring close cooperation with the operations and logistics team to ensure smooth and timely trades.
- 3+ years' experience in commodities trading;
- Proof of a successful and profitable track record on a physical grain trading desk
- Existing relationships with producers and end-buyers;
- Experience in the development and coordination of the grain supply chain;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Degree or diploma in an Agriculture or Business program (Asset);
- Practical experience in agriculture (Asset);
- English (Essential), French (Asset).
- Competitive base salary and commission plan;
- Pension contribution;
- Insurance package.