Architectural Woods Sales & Communications Traineeship - 2020
- 1015 Mid-Way Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5T 2C1, Canada
CWP Architectural is a creative company that designs, sources, manufactures and brands unique wood products. Specializing in specialty woods and architectural veneers, we work with some of the best interior designers and architects on projects around the world.
We are looking for a motivated student or recent graduate to work with us at our office/warehouse in Mississauga. We are looking for someone who is passionate about wood, ready to get their hands dirty and keen to help us with the following tasks:
Dive into the world of trading architectural and specialty wood:
- Help drive sales: Find prospective clients, cold call, research opportunities, etc.
- Photograph existing and new inventory - this involves working in our warehouse, and handling wood & architectural pieces to get the best shots possible.
- Lend an extra pair of hands when we need to get something loaded and dispatched.
Database integrity :
- Data entry and data clean-up
- Updating existing records, as needed
Social media, Targeted marketing and Online presence :
- Design mailers, standardized communication templates, etc.
- Optimize our online presence
- Report on website analytics
- Develop and implement a new social media strategy, across different platforms
- Report on social media analytics
Interns will also be asked to collaborate with administrative tasks as needed.
What we’re looking for :
- A real passion for wood
- Previous experience in a lumber yard, woodworking, carpentry, cabinetry would be a significant asset
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proactive and mature self-starters
- The ability to work independently while also working well in a close-knit team
- An understanding of how to build followings on social media platforms
- Willing to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty