MISO Nodal Trader
- 228 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
CWP Energy is active in all North American physical & financial electricity markets since 2012. Backed by a team of renewable energy specialists, our business is underpinned by robust risk management, market experience and analytical capability.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Nodal Trader with a successful track record in MISO.
- Developing and executing trading strategies on both a proprietary and (foreseeably) asset management/power marketing basis;
- Upholding a strong understanding and unwavering commitment to sound risk management;
- Analyzing market data and building & leveraging optimal power flow models;
- Understanding energy market rules, system planning, expansion studies and power system operations in MISO;
- Collaborating and sharing insights with other traders and the broader CWP Energy team.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or an advanced quantitative area (physics, applied mathematics, etc.);
- Successful PnL track record of nodal trading within MISO;
- Experience in MISO transmission planning/modeling in an ISO, utility, IPP, renewable developer, trading firm or consulting firm;
- Experience using optimal power flow and market forecasting tools, such as PowerWorld, Genscape, LCG, or similar tools;
- Excellent Excel and SQL skills (required) and fluency in a coding language (Python, etc.) would be an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Drive and entrepreneurialism. An intense sense of competitiveness, coupled with a strong sense of collaboration.